Monday, July 18, 2016

Just Miss Eyebrow Pencil Review 708A Series

Hi guys,

As my promise before, I will make post for Eyebrow Pencil. Nowdays, eyebrow become a huge trend. Even most of MUA learn technique for ‘Sulam Alis’ to get perfection look in eyebrow. Eyebrow with good shape, huge and tidy become most favorite shape also for Korean eyebrow shape which straight and low arch.

Source: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6e/83/19/6e8319c4f03edbf1bafc7dc35dc9820e.jpg


As a beginner of MUA, I tried follow trend – it’s customer demand. IMO, learning of eyebrow shaping need a lot of practice and time. Everyone has their own unique face. Mostly, we can’t get the exactly same between right and left eyebrow (even mine are different arch). But, well it’s ok. We can still look fabulous even with the different eyebrow without cut or shave it too much (sayang banget kalau sampai harus dicukur sampai habis) to get the same eyebrow.

Back to topic, how to archive good eyebrow is back to own personal preference. Some people like pencil, some like powder, and the others love pome. Makeup is art, no one right 100% or no one wrong 100%. Myself like to mixing it. Firstly, I frame it first with pencil to get the shape that I want. Secondly, I use pome or powder sometime to filling the empty space between my brow and the frame. Lastly, brush with spoil to blend everything into natural look.

Source: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GijpDGDTnTs/maxresdefault.jpg


I want to talk about eyebrow pencil itself. I have tried some brand of eyebrow pencil, mostly from local brand (local brand has good quality as imported one now). I’ve tried Revlon, NYX, LT Pro, Viva, Silkygirl, Just Miss, Maybelline, Oriflame, and so on. I can’t remember one by one. Mostly, MUA Indonesia love Viva Eyebrow Pencils, so do I.

Viva Pencil Eyebrow: Already short enough

  
The texture is best, it’s glide easily, not too creamy not too hard and the color is wearable (black and brown) for asian women especially for Indonesia women which have black hair. The price also reasonable, around $2.5 or Rp 30,000/each with better quality compare with imported brand.

For some reason I tried Just Miss (code 311). It’s also local brand which safe (BPOM registered) and lower price than Viva – around only $0.4 or Rp 4,000/each. First, I tried this type. I ordered dark brown and light brown shade.



The packaging itself looks like Viva, orange with plastic cap without sharpener or brush. The texture is below Viva, it’s quite hard and dry compare Viva. But, it doesn’t meaning it’s bad. Considering the price, it’s quite ok IMO. The color slightly different, the dark shade is darker than Viva and the light is reddish than Viva.

Last time, when I want to ordered Just Miss pencil again, they run of the light brown shade, and I don’t want to order the dark shade coz I fit with the light one. I try to find the other type but they don’t come with the light shade only black and dark brown. I decided to try another shot for the another type which is 708A (the price a lit bit higher around $ 0.5), I think it’s quite cheap why I don’t try. If not good, at least - it’s not broke my wallet.



I ordered the dark brown and it’s blown my mind. The texture is great, IMO better than Viva with lower price. The shade is slightly darker for me (I color my hair recently) but when I blended with the pome, it’s just great and it also fit with a lot of my clients too.

The compare

Because of that, this eyebrow pencil become my fav now. As we know, to create a good frame of eyebrow, we need sharp pencil to get best angle. Therefore, we must cut the pencil again and again. If we use the pricey pencil, I bet mostly just wasted the products. With the cheaper pencil you can't feeling guilty to cut again and again. The quality also good as the expensive one.

Could you guest? Left: Just Miss 708A Right: Viva Eyebrow Pencil


So, if you search the eyebrow pencil with budget oriented, Just Miss with this type can be your candidate. It’s has good texture, good control (glides smoothly) and pigmented. It also come with brush and sharpener (I just use only the sharpener) as addition value.
How about you, please tell me your think below.

Regards and Love,

F.
Share:

1 comment: